Tuesday, February 10, 2015

I'm all finished with my dental implant from Dr. Nimesh Patel at Dental 2000 in Laguna Niguel and Irvine

February 10, 2015.

And the verdict is... (drum roll)

I HATE IT.  My gum line is destroyed for the rest of my life, on my front tooth.  I will be embarrassed to smile (and unfortunately, I have a big wide open smile).  I asked a lady that works in the office, "How often does this happen?", and she said, "All the time."

So, contrary to the pretty pictures of dental implants they show you on your first visit, you're likely to end up with a smile like I now have.

Throughout the entire procedure, Dr. Patel only saw me on my first visit (the sales pitch), the day of the surgery, and he glanced in my mouth for less than 2 seconds at a follow-up visit.  Everything else was handled by his office staff, who never told me what was going on.


6 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about your experience. There are gum repair or restoration processes that exist. My wife has receding gum lines due to over brushing, and she has already had a consultation to get it repaired. Perhaps a gum graft from another part of your mouth? I really think there’s a way to correct your problem.

    Freddie Gray @ Ballantyne Dentistry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I appreciate it. But I never want to let a dentist near my mouth again, if I can help it. The whole experience from A to Z was miserable, and I see that ugly front tooth every time I look in the mirror.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry you had such a tough experience with your dentist. Some dentists can be very profit oriented and do not care about you, it is important to find a good one! By the way, I really do not think it looks to bad, I am sure it will go unnoticed.

    Sharon Woods @ Fall Spark Dentistry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Blog!! That was amazing. Your thought processing is wonderful. The way you tell the thing is awesome. You are really a master. Your blog just reminded me implants dentist near Laguna Hills

    ReplyDelete